Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Face of Lace" Image Art

When is a picture a "photo",when is a picture "image art."I think as we allow our artist eye to move past the obvious, beyond the predictable, and flow into the world of intrigue, emotion and story telling, we create image art.  Something as simple as a piece of lace, and the contrast of black and white,  can transform  a portrait into "image art." People ask me what I do for a living. I normally respond "I'm a photographer." But when I immerse myself in shoots like this one and see what develops, I realize I am really an "Imagery Artist."  Often times my favorite photos are captured in an instant, in the middle of a photo shoot.   That's what happened with this self portrait. A moment of testing my lights, became a moment of expression for Debra Snell Photography.   And so "Face of Lace" was born!  You're thoughts? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it dee dee - I can still feel the emotion behind the lace..very moving. Kiz

Debra Snell said...

Thanks Kiz. This photo seems to be generating a lot of conversation.